Monday, October 20, 2014

Gotcha Day!!!!

Leah wrote today's post:

She's here! She's here! Today is the (very very) long awaited day that we got to meet Josie Joy Snoeyink!

Gotcha Day did not go quite as I (Leah) expected. I thought Josie was going to cry a lot but she actually remained very calm.  The caregiver brought her into the room full of happy families and screaming babies, where we were.  Mom took her from the lady and of course, the flashes and clicking of cameras began. We each had a camera and all four of us were trying to dote and click at the same time! And Josie? She just rested her little spiky head on mom's shoulder. As you can imagine, she is pretty adorable.

We enjoyed playing with her and feeding her Cheerios. I'd twisted a balloon into a pink poodle and gave it to her. She wouldn't let go of it!

After watching a few "Gotcha day" videos, I thought I'd had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen between us and Josie--Hi, Gush, Grab, then Scream. I'm so glad the screaming part didn't happen! I don't think it would have been quite as special if it happened just as we expected. But the way it did happen was such a great experience! It's one thing to take a baby home from the hospital, but going all the way to China to take home a 2-year old is pretty over the top.

The first time we saw Josie smile was when we played the song "Do Re Mi" in Chinese. I hope there will be many more smiles to come!

Rejoicing!
Leah

--We will upload some pictures as soon as we can!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Leah ~ This is perfect. We love you. Thanks for sharing your special moments with us.
    Bawling in MI. Love you all! Let the gushing continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, it was so exciting for me to read your post. Last night, before I went to bed (which was about 11:30am your time), I knew you were preparing to go to meet Josie. I prayed that God's presence would be felt as you picked her up, and that any fears she had would melt away as she saw the love you all have for her. Wow, reading your note, it's just amazing to see how God answered our prayers. The song is coming to mind now..."how great is our God, sing with me how great is our God...and all will see how great, how great is our God..." Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Leah -- awesome post!!!! Thanks for sharing your joy. We can't wait to see you and your new sister back here in the USA. This is definitely "OVER THE TOP." Love you.

    ReplyDelete